- Set goals!2 Having a goal to work for and to achieve is motivational. Instead of setting goals like losing so many pounds a year or adding so much lean muscle mass a year, try setting goals that involve signing up for a 5k, half-marathon or a full marathon. This way you can train and get excited to run the race. This way you make exercising more fun and less serious.
- Make it a priority!2 Make time to go get a workout in, even if you have to wake up early. Instead of staying up late to watch your favorite late-night TV show, go to bed earlier and wake up more energized to work out!
- Schedule a regular workout time!2 Find a time throughout your day to work out and stick with it. Making things a routine will make it easier to stay motivated.
- Don’t let the weather stop you!2 Just because it’s not a perfect sunny and 75-degree kind of day, doesn’t mean you can’t take your workout indoors. There is always a way to complete your workout whether it is inside or outside.
- Don’t waste time!2 Make your workouts count. If you are limited on time do not just stand around and talk with friends. Go with a plan ready and get it done.
- Keep it simple!2 The more things get complicated the more likely you are to lose interest. Just because other people are doing the most complex workouts does not mean you have to. Keep your workouts simple for whatever suits you.
http://tinyurl.com/gs6oy3pSurround yourself with active people!2 If you are around people that just like to sit around and watch TV, guess what you are going to be tempted to do? Having people to work out with is one of the best ways to stay motivated. You will be able to have people there to keep you accountable for your workouts.
- Use social media!2 Some people see posting their workouts on social media, for their followers to see, a good way to stay accountable. You can even follow other fitness sites to keep you motivated!
- Mix it up!2 If you keep doing the same thing over and over, you are going to get bored and just go through the motions. Change up the trails you run on, or the exercises you perform. Make things more challenging and see how far you can push yourself.
- Reward yourself!2 What better way to reward yourself than with new gear? New workout tops or bottoms or even a new pair of shoes. When you look good, you train good. Or even putting new music on your playlist can motivate you.