Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Nutrition is the battle

Nutrition is the battle

If you work out on a consistent basis and you do not see the results that you have been trying to achieve there might be another problem. If you work out and give all you effort but you have a horrible diet then you are not going to see the results that you want. As the saying goes 80 percent of achieving what you want is diet and the other 20 percent is working out. You are going to get out of your body what you put into it so why not put something great into it.
    What do you know about nutrition? Can you tell me what proteins, carbohydrates, and fats are? If you can not that is ok, that is the reason I am writing this blog to help inform you on some of the basics to nutrition.

Proteins 2”the plant or animal tissue rich in such molecules, considered as a food source supplying essential amino acids to the body.” In every meat that we eat as humans there is protein in it. Not only in meat but you can also find protein in milk (Whey) and in eggs as well. Protein is filled with amino acids, which are the building blocks for protein. 1It also helps to repair muscle, this is important for those who lift weights because they are constantly lifting and tearing down those very muscles.
Carbohydrates 2”any of a class of organic compounds that are polyhydroxy aldehydes or polyhydroxy ketones, or change to such substances on simple chemical transformations, as hydrolysis, oxidation, or reduction, and that form the supporting tissues of plants and are important food for animals and people.” 1 Carbohydrates are where your energy is going to come from, that is why you are not going to have to use protein. If not enough carbs get used, the rest can and will be stored as body fat.
Fats 2”any of several white or yellowish greasy substances, forming the chief part of adipose tissue of animals and also occurring in plants, that when pure are colorless, odorless, and tasteless and are either solid or liquid esters of glycerol with fatty acids; fats are insoluble in water or cold alcohol” 1There are two types of fat, saturated and unsaturated. Unsaturated fat is good for you and saturated is not.  While saturated fat helps to build muscle.
These are the primary three macronutrients when you are speaking in terms of nutrition. This is a guideline that will hopefully help you out as to determining what you are eating throughout each meal. It could also help you to track what you have eaten on a daily basis.
    Ultimately your diet is up to you and what you are trying to accomplish. If you are trying to lose in weight you will have a strict diet and an intense workout. Hopefully this helps you understand a little bit about the big three and what they all mean and in what foods you will find them. Nutrition is extremely important so make sure that you do your research when you are trying to determine what you are going to eat to try and accomplish what goal you have set out for yourself.

1Quade, S. (2016, May 26). THE IMPORTANCE OF NUTRITION! Retrieved from

2Definitions. N.p., n.d. Web. 6 June 2016.

Classes of fats. (n.d.). Retrieved June 16, 2016, from

No comments:

Post a Comment