Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Weights and Cardio, That’s all I Need!


Working at a Recreation facility gives me ample amount of time and opportunity to work out regularly. Every week I like to workout at least four times. Mainly I like to lift weights Monday through Thursday, while doing cardio twice a week. I try not to have the same routine every week so my body doesn't get bored or used to the same thing over and over again. When it comes to cardio I find it hard to motivate myself to just run around a track, so what I like to do is play basketball, ride a stationary bike, or play intramural sports. Each and every week I like to change up my routine, it helps me stay motivated and keeps me from getting bored with the same routine.

 An example of a work out week for me would be broken down like this,

Monday
Back and Chest
Tuesday
Biceps and Triceps
Cardio: Basketball
Wednesday
Legs
Cardio: Stationary Bike
Thursday
Calves and Shoulders

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to see that you have an entire workout just for legs. I would say that is the main muscle group most men skip out on. I also agree with you that running around a track can become very boring. That’s why I prefer to play racquetball, use the Elliptical and do kickboxing for cardio. There are far to many choices out there to just stick with the same routine and those that do often time fail to target everything efficiently.

    ReplyDelete