Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Bulgarian Model

In the early 70’s the Soviet’s were the big dogs when it came to Olympic weightlifting, they took medal after medal at every meet they attended.   It was like this until the small eastern European country of Bulgaria came and took over.   It was their unique training style that helped them to reach the top.   The program consisted of working to a training maximum for each exercise on every day of training.   This is the inspiration behind the current training program I follow.   I do not work to a 1 RM but I do find a rep max that I am able to handle for the day and then repeat following sets with around 85% of the rep max acquired that day.   This allows me to use auto regulation with the training intensities used to keep form over training my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment