Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Post Athletic Career Fitness

I have found it difficult to keep a consistent personal fitness routine since my athletic career has passed. I am continually searching for that one workout/exercise to match the passion and intensity of my past athletic experiences. In order to combat this issue, I have found it necessary to constantly try new forms of fitness activities. The process of learning, along with my desire to master several new activities, has come close to matching that passion and intensity that I described earlier.  Overall, I feel like keeping one’s routine freshly innovative serves as an adequate way for any former athlete to conquer fitness complacency.


2 comments:

  1. I have also struggled with finding a set routine now that I am no longer an athlete. I want to lift heavy and still do sprints like I did when I played softball because of how great of shape it put me in. But it is almost impossible to go make myself do it without being yelled out like in my past. Finding that balance is a tough task post-athletic career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an athlete, you have so much order in your life. Working out is part of the schedule and you have a coach telling you when, what, and where to get a work out in. I completely understand the difficulty of getting on your own fitness routine. I am a personal trainer and I STILL miss the aspect of just being told my workout routine. So, I hire other personal trainers...which actually benefits more than just my physical fitness. My trainer and I can bounce ideas off of each other that helps us both!

    ReplyDelete