Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A personal trainer’s choice for exercising.


Being a personal trainer, I am in a fitness environment 5 days a week and usually for a minimum of 50+ hours, which sometimes makes it hard for me to want to workout. What? Really? Yes, believe it or not a personal trainer can sometimes find it difficult to use the equipment in the gym on one's self. But like any good personal trainer that wants to hold themselves to a higher standard then the norm, I stop wasting time, redefine my mind, and bust my behind to be the best separate from the rest. What mode do I prefer to use? Resistant training filled with compound sets, super sets and just the right amount of stability training for fun and to change it up. Without that approach I would find it challenging to shock my body so I can continually get stronger in order to live longer.


6 comments:

  1. You said it! With back to back clients, floor hours, and school IT IS ACTUALLY HARD TO FIND TIME TO PUT MYSELF THROUGH A WORKOUT! Who would have ever thought that personal trainers struggle with this? I have to dedicate an hour for myself, but a lot of times duty calls and I must fill that spot in order to keep or attain a new client.
    Even if I only find 30 minutes, I like to attend a group exercise class at our recreation center, or I put myself through a quick circuit training workout that usually involves kettlebells or free weights. As long I am including large muscle mass exercises, heavy resistance training, moderate to high volume, and short rest intervals, I am benefiting myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the truth In this blog . Trainers have many long hours and have back to back clients so when they do find the time to workout it hard. It hard to find time to work out period. Like Brittany said above I'm not personal trainer but if they do have time it will be shot and to the point to get the work out they need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog has opened up my eyes and made me realize that Im not the only one who struggles to workout even the professionals do. This helps motivate me to workout more because I know that I can defeat my failures just like personal trainers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds it hard to work out sometimes Haha. I find its easier for me to find time for a group class. It keeps me motivated to keep up with the group. It makes me work harder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It absolutely makes sense that it is sometimes hard for you to find different ways to work out that actually work for you because you are in a fitness environment almost everyday. Since you are training or teaching others all the time, its easy to forget what works best for you. You become so used to all of the workout routines that its hard to find new ones that work for you because you know most of the ones out there through personal training.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Working out is something that I love but I could see how hard it is for someone who has to work out all day everyday to find the motivation. Also I could see how if you have been training beginners all day, how it would be hard to switch to a higher intensity for yourself.

    ReplyDelete