Friday, November 21, 2014

Marketing Physical Therapy

Marketing any sort of company in the medical field is no easy task especially in a rural community.  With the right marketing campaign anyone can boost his or her patient retention and attention on their own personal physical therapy clinic. Great marketing is the key to success; you must reset the rules of marketing to ensure a successful business plan. To market a rural physical therapy clinic, try this 3-step plan.   
 
1). Invest in the Community
To invest in the community, consider investing in the rural community by supplying t-shirts to the little league teams. Be sure to put to put your logo on the back of the shirts. Offer training camps for athletes of all levels, coaches, and trainers alike to learn correct training techniques to help prevent injuries.  At my physical therapy clinics, I want to focus on keeping people safe by focusing on injury prevention as well.  This idea will set me apart from the rest of the rural physical therapy clinics and boom my business from start to finish.
2). Massage therapy
To put my clinic on the map I plan to offer a new service to the public, message therapy. Message therapy will be a way to attract more patients.  Many patients have the need for message therapy on top of a physical therapy care plan; by offering the service in house (especially in rural communities) it will save the patients time and money.
3). Alternative Home-Health Physical Therapy
Offer an alternative method to home health physical therapy.  I know from personal experience that when working with the geriatric community, they don’t always want you in their homes.  I believe that offering a neutral meeting place would encourage many geriatric patients to finish their care plans and ultimately return to physical activity.  Most rural communities have a community center or a church; these are some of the locations I would seek out first as an alternative therapy location.
In summary, the three best ways to get the word out about any rural physical therapy clinic consists of preventative clinics to educate the public about injury prevention, in house services apart from standard physical therapy, such as, message therapy and an alternative locations to complete their care plans.
I think this plan will be an aspect of my marketing plan that will set me apart from the competition and get patients talking about how great their experience was at my clinic.

8 comments:

  1. Advice like this is needed for students looking to get into physical therapy. With so many wanting to get into this career, it's crucial that one effectively markets their clinic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some great ways to market a physical therapy company. Another effective method that you could take into consideration is marketing to the older generation by getting in contact with local nursing homes and community centers. This could be a whole new clientele that could really use the therapy provided.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like in the beginning how it includes things about any company not just physical therapy in an effort to compare the businesses. I like how it includes tips for the different types of therapies not just physical therapy in general.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This article is great for me because I am trying to get into physical therapy one day. I like how it gave us ways to market or company in the future that way the process is easier to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very informative article with great advice on physical therapy marketing. I like the whole idea of implementing massage therapy into your practices and taking the service in house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This article was extremely beneficial to me, I aspire to be a physical therapist one day and learning how to market my business is going to be a must and after reading these ideas I feel confident in being able to put my business out there and get it some attention.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These ideas of marketing are a good idea to get your product out. The only thing is that the ideas that were mentioned takes a lot of money, time and know how. Physical therapy is very much needed but many people dont really believe it will help.

    ReplyDelete