Thursday, April 3, 2014

Personal Fitness Routine:





As a personal trainer, I need to stay a step ahead of trends. I am also a constant student of new research; so many times I use myself as my own test subject. My routine consists of working Chest, Shoulders, Back, Legs and Arms all on their own day. The overall theme of my program is muscle hypertrophy, so my training volume is design with that goal in mind. My wife is in charge of the cardiovascular and flexibility aspect of our program. Typically cardiovascular exercise is performed 3 to 4 days a week for 30-45 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I find it interesting that you dedicate a day for each major muscle group. It makes sense that this program would increase muscle hypertrophy. Since my personal goal is to stay lean and cut I like to use muscle confusion through randomized workouts to help meet my personal goal. I am the same exact way when it comes to using myself as a test subject though. I like to find workouts that I personally enjoy so that I can incorporate them into my high school PE classes. This strategy does not always work because sometimes a workout that I really enjoy may not be too high on my students' lists, but it is still a way to better understand my students' likes and dislikes.

    ReplyDelete