Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Group Exercise Instructor's Weekly Workout Routine



Staying fit is an important part of my career. As a former collegiate runner, I love working out. I lift weights three days and run a minimum of four days a week. I teach and fully participate in three 40 minute yoga classes and attend a 30 minute power yoga class. I also teach and participate in a total body muscle-blast class, a 30 minute cycle and strength class, and an hour flexibility training class. On the weekends, I usually rest and occasionally do lighter exercise including biking and hiking. The benefit of this routine is that I work on cardiovascular endurance, strength training, balance, and flexibility. 

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you were so involved with that many classes! That's awesome. It's interesting the effect being a former athlete can have on your routine. If you could choose one class that you feel is most beneficial, what would it be? Also, it sounds like I should come participate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For someone who lifts, runs, or does some exercise outside of group exercise, I would suggest they go to yoga to complete their workout routine. Yoga addresses flexibility, muscular imbalances, balance, strength, and is a great way to relax- all in one class! For someone who currently does not have an exercise routine and is only attending one class, I would suggest they go to cycle & strength. It is a high-intensity class that combines cardio with a little resistance training.

    ReplyDelete