- Re-learn basic skills such as talking, eating, dressing and walking.
- Increase your strength, flexibility and endurance.
- Regain as much independence as possible.
- Tell the difference between one stroke rehab setting and another.
- Identify who’s who on the stroke rehab team.
- Understand "discharge planning" and what it can include.
- Determine if a rehab program meets current rehabilitation industry standards.
- Set apart an excellent program from a good to average program.
- Figure out if a rehab program meets your personal needs.
Never be afraid to ask questions to the staff of a facility. The process of finding the right rehab program for your loved one is important. The more questions you have, the better. Hopefully, in everyone’s case, this setting is a temporary situation, until your loved one recovers.