Thursday, January 31, 2013
5 Tips to Keep Those New Year’s Resolutions
New Year resolutions are quickly forgotten when the calendar turns to February. Promises to go to the gym, lose weight and get fit fade as the holiday excitement comes to an end. Why do people give up on their fitness resolutions? Perhaps it is because the exercise routine has become boring or the results are not seen as quickly as one had hoped. Whatever the reasons for giving up on those New Year promises, here are 5 Tips for making fitness fun and interesting so that those New Year wishes can come true.
1. Keep it Fresh! Try new exercises, hire a Personal Trainer, or take your training outside for a change of scenery. Changing things up or consulting a Personal Trainer can keep the results coming.
2. Partner Up! Get a friend to join you in your fitness quest. Having a close friend or relative as a workout partner can help keep you on track and hold you accountable.
3. Make it Fun! Don’t be too serious. Take it easy and just try to enjoy your exercising instead of thinking of it as a chore.
4. Set small realistic goals. Setting goals allows you to see your progress. Make your goals small and keep moving forward to the next goal until finally you accomplish your BIG goal.
5. Reward Yourself! If you accomplish smaller goals, it is ok to reward yourself with something you have been wanting.
These 5 tips can help you keep those New Year fitness resolutions. Keep moving forward and you will achieve your goals.