- The hours in a week are limited...there is much more flexibility online
- It is more convenient for trainer and client
- There are no time constraints...clients are not limited to an hour for their workout
- You can work from anywhere in the world
- Clients do not have to schedule around the trainer’s availability
- Clients do not have to pay as much for training sessions
- You are responsible for running your own business
- You don’t get the same face-to-face interactions that you get in a gym
- It is harder to have a broad range of clients...some trainers enjoy working with a variety of individuals
Once you are sure that you are ready to start on this path, you will need to create a website. Here is a list of requirements for your website:
- It has to be attractive. This is how you draw people in.
- It needs to show your qualifications. Why are you better than all the other trainers out there?
- It needs to be catered to your niche.
- It needs to be easy to read. People who are not fitness professionals need to be able to understand it.
Goodman, J. (n.d.). Ignite the fire: The secrets to building a successful personal training career.